Your privacy is important, and we respect it. We do not sell any of your personal data.This Privacy Statement aims to explain you in a simple and easy language what personal data is collected when you engage with us. The legal entity which collects and processes your personal data is Equigov Institute LLC. In this statement, we elaborate what we collect and why. This Privacy Statement is relevant for you if
- you are a visitor on our websites or LinkedIn or Facebook Business page
- you have shared your personal data through a form or page on any our websites or LinkedIn or Facebook Business page
- you are a client of Equigov Institute LLC, or want to become one
- you have sent an email to Equigov Institute LLC.
1. Let us first understand each others’ language
Some of the terms may be confusion. So, you will find a quick reference below:
Account: means collectively the personal information, payment information and credentials used to access content on the website.
Content: means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, and any other form of information provided to you.
Cookie: means a small text file placed on your computer by when you visit our website or web pages. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the website or webpage.
Data: means all information that you submit to the website.
Service: means courses, products, consulting or advice you are offered.
2. What personal data do we collect about you?
Your personal information is collected when you provide your personal data to us. For example, you send us an email, fill a form, purchase a product or contact us. When doing so, one more of following information is collected:
- your name (when you provide this);
- job title & profession (when you provide this);
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers (when your provide this);
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests (when your provide this or if cookies are enabled);
- payment information such as credit / debit card numbers (when your provide this);
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- cookie information
3. What do we do with your personal data?
- We use your personal data to serve you with the services you choose. Any personal Data you submit will be retained by us for as long as you use the Services provided by us.
- We may share your personal data with third parties for ensuring that we run our business in a cost-effective way. For example, as part of reconciliation of payments we will share invoices to our accountant.
- We store your personal data securely in accordance with the principles of the ISO 27701 standards for Data Controllers.
- We use your data for improving our services to deliver you a better experience. This includes:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products and services;
- transmission by email for new services that may be of interest to you;
- contact you for feedback, market research.
4. Who do we share your personal data with?
We do not sell your data. We are in the business to serve you.In a competitive world, maintaining a website or providing services online requires that we use services from other companies. For example, we use learning platform named Learnworlds to ensure that you can access the courses you buy. Below are some examples on what we do with other companies:
- To host our website, or create interesting pages for you, we use providers like SiteGround, ClickFunnels, Learndash and WordPress.
- To analyze and monitor the traffic on our website, we use analysis services (Google Analytics, Facebook pixel) from companies like Google and Facebook.
- To maintain our data, ensure your receive emails and store all the information, we use services from Microsoft, Google and other companies.
As these companies help us with by providing service to us and in running our operations in cost effective manner, your personal data does get exchanged with these companies. The terms of service state that your personal data is not used by these companies. If you want to know more about policies of these companies, we encourage you to visit their websites and consult the privacy statesments.
5. Who owns your personal data?
- Equigov Institute LLC is the controller of your personal data that you provide us. If Equigov Institute LLC is acquired, the company acquiring us would become the controller of your personal data. If this happens, you will be informed.
6. How do we respect your rights?
- You have the right to ask what information we have, make correction to it, or even ask for deletion or portability of your data. We respect your rights. You can contact us by emailing us to exercise your rights.
- You may access your account at any time to view or amend the personal data.
7. How do we protect your personal data?
We rely on best-in-class providers of services and use mechanisms like password protection, seggregation of data and other best practices available to keep your personal data safe.
8. Changes to this Policy
In an ever changing world, our business and your needs keep changing. To reflect the changes, we update this Privacy Statement as and when something changes. When we make a change, the changes will be posted on the website.
9. How can you contact us?
If there are any questions regarding this privacy statement, or to exercise your rights, you may contact us at email@example.com.