Additionally, to better assist Public Authorities in managing these and other issues relating to FOI requests, the Equigov Institute has developed its FOI Toolkit. This Toolkit is a first not only for Trinidad and Tobago but also for the Commonwealth Caribbean. This Toolkit:
- Examines the keywords used in various sections of the Act and provides guidance into their interpretation.
- Does an in-depth examination of each exemption and provides the relevant highlights from the local cases for guidance.
- Provides an analysis of the Public Interest and highlights areas that should be taken into consideration in analysing the Public Interest.
- Provides over 12 sample letters to cover different scenarios in dealing with FOI requests as well as an FOI Application Checklist.
- Guidance on issuing Section 23 Notices of Refusals.
- Areas to take under consideration in balancing the Public Procurement Process and FOI Requests.